The Department offers graduate programs leading to an M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science. Undergraduate students can choose from joining our Information Science or Computer Science programs. The Department boasts nearly a 100% job placement rate after graduation.
CS is one of the largest undergraduate departments with almost 700 undergraduate, 500 graduate, and 54 doctoral students in 2013-2014. One of the largest graduate programs on campus, CSE majors grew by 54%, ISE by 312%, MS by 44% and PhD by 27% in the past 4 years.
The unique CS Honors program serves about 100 exceptional undergraduates who benefit from smaller accelerated classes, research opportunities, and sponsored scholarships. This year’s incoming class has an average SAT Math and Verbal score of 1420.
The Department is proud of our students’ accomplishments, including:
- Only school to place 3 programming teams in top dozen elite schools, finishing 5th, 6th and 12th among 51 teams at ACM ICPC Greater NY Regional Programming Contest.
- PhD student Hau Chan received NSF Graduate Fellowship and NSF EAPSI Fellowship.
- PhD student Richard Defrancisco received NASA Space Technology Research Fellowship
- PhD Student Vicente Ordonez received Yahoo! Key Scientific Challenges Program Award
- PhD student Vasily Tarasov received two IBM PhD Fellowships
- Honors student Leif Walsh was finalist in SIGMOD Programming Contest
- Undergraduate student Anthony Lomonaco won two Game Programming Competitions
- High school student, Shubha Sekar, mentored by Rob Johnson, named Intel Science Talent Search Semifinalist